C. Kent Garner
Mr. Garner has over 30 years of domestic and international finance and operating experience in a wide array of industries including:
- Staffing & Outsourcing
- Healthcare Services
- Educational Products & Services
Mr. Garner is a highly organized and disciplined professional with an outstanding record of innovative accomplishments in funding strategies and techniques, interest rate and FX risk management, MIS, investor relations, SEC reporting, stock repurchase programs, tax reduction strategies and business start-ups, acquisitions and divestitures. He is recognized for his excellent communication skills and ability to motivate associates to superior performance.
Selected highlights over Mr. Garner's career include:
- As interim President of a $75 million company, prevented liquidity crisis, restored profitability and lender confidence, thereby avoiding bankruptcy. Effected cultural transformation that established profit responsibility among company's business managers.
- Executed simultaneous acquisition, merger and integration of 12 companies with revenues of $150 million; financed this consolidation entirely by syndicated bank funding that was 33% oversubscribed. Integrated information systems, accounting, risk management, purchasing and benefits programs. Negotiated and closed sale of company to Fortune 200 buyer at a double digit EBITDA multiple.
- Directed economic evaluation and due diligence review of numerous acquisitions.
- Created and applied methods for analyzing economic foreign exchange exposure and currency swaps.
- Designed/Implemented $125 million project financing of 3 start-up ventures in U.S., Mexico and Bahamas.
Prior to joining Interlochen, Mr. Garner held various positions, including many C-Level ones, with the following companies whose revenues ranged from $150 million to $1.6 billion:
- National Refrigeration Services, Inc. — EVP of Finance & Administration, CFO and Director
- Norrell Corporation (NYSE: NRL) — Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) — Vice President of Finance, Treasurer and CFO
- Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC) — Treasurer
- Continental Bank — Various positions from Analyst to Vice President, Section Manager
Mr. Garner is a CPA and received his MBA in Finance from University of California, Berkeley. He graduated from Princeton University with a BSE in Aerospace and Mechanical Sciences. He has been involved with The Conference Board, CFO Council; Financial Executive Institute; Natl. Assn. of Corporate Treasurers; AICPA; and served on active duty in the U.S. Marine Corps, retiring with the rank of Major, USMCR.